1. To take my 2 kids (no discount for 11 yrs.+) to the City from N.Berkeley roundtrip- approx. 22.00? what?
2. 1.00 to park at the station on top of that? Fuck you!
3. 1970s-technology signs (my alarm clock tells me more) to tell me when the next train is coming? MAYBE I'll catch it in between -all- the notices that scroll on the screen in between, including the super long hard to remember BART Police emergency number (HA!)- yeah, I feel safe.
4. Train operators that tell you what freakin' train you're on instead of the freakin' stop you're at!? What the FUCK? People on the platform have a big flashing 70s-technology sign to tell them that PLUS a recorded announcement-Helloooooo! I only know what stop it is if I'm on the right car that happens to stop near one of the platform signs (and those things MUST be expensive cause there are so few of them)
5. The never-present BART Police. Where are they all anyway? They're certianly not making the trains safer. I hope I can remember that 800 number to call them if there's an emergency!:( DAMMIT, I misdialed-I"M DEAD!
6. Does anyone have bus fare to take the 2-3 buses they need to ride -from- the BART to get where they're going -after- paying the BART extortion fare? I'm surprised if they do, especially since these are the people that make the least per hour.
7. BART= overpriced, understaffed, sub-par, unsafe, ever-rising cost with no service to justify the previous cost/product-received ratio, complaining, over-paid employees (and I thought a lot of people wanted to work at U.C.B. for the easy civil service jobs!), somebody-must-be-taking-money-home-in-a-satchel "public" (yeah, there's the KEY WORD) transit system.
BART, you're a f-in joke!